The annual Journées de l’Archéologie (Archaeology Days) is a great way to do a deep dive into Nice’s history if your French is up to it. Even if it’s not, the archaeologists on site could probably give you some explanations in English.
Workshops and events without reservation
Duration between 20 mins and 45 mins – Young people, all audiences – PRM access
Saturday June 18 10 a.m. > 5 p.m.
Workshop “To your trowels! »
- Burial Excavation Workshop
- Excavation of a cremation workshop
Workshop “What the skeletons tell us”
- Animal Skeletons Workshop
- Workshop The human skeleton
Workshop “What the walls whisper”
- Construction Archeology Workshop
Workshop “What revolves around pottery”
- Workshop What did our ancestors eat?
- Workshop I identify pottery
- Workshop X-rayed pottery
Workshop “What plants tell us”
- Workshop I identify plants grown in the past
- Workshop I imagine the agricultural landscape of yesterday and today
Workshop “Discovering our ancestors”
- Workshop To each his own tool
Workshop “You’re smarter with your hands”
- Workshop Make your antique bowl
Workshop “In search of anecdotes”
Mini-conferences to exchange on the anecdotal underside of the archaeological discipline: “the adventures of the lost shard”, “the depths of the Prom'”, “the fuel for the manufacture of bells in the Middle Ages: the example of the Sainte -Marie de Nice”, “the adventures of an amphora”, “from the church to the theatre: the story of a place forgotten and rediscovered”…
“Seeds of archaeo” area 2 > 6 years old*
Reading tales, colouring, selection of books…
* Under the responsibility of the parents
Saturday at 5 p.m.